Many of us want to have a pearly white teeth and gorgeous bright smile on our face. But only a few people naturally have bright white teeth. With teeth whitening it is possible for anyone to get bright smile.
What is Teeth whitening?
It is a very effective way of lightening the natural colour of your teeth without removing any of the tooth surfaces. This treatment cannot make a complete colour change, but it may lighten the existing shade of your teeth.
Why would I need Teeth whitening?
Everyone is different and they have different reasons for the treatment. As our hair and skin colour vary teeth colour is also different from person to person. A few people only have a natural bright smile. But other people still can achieve their dream smile by teeth whitening treatment.
Why my Teeth turned yellow?
1. Smoking tobacco
2. Drinking excessive amount of sugary liquids such as coffee, cola, tea, and red wine
3. Not taking good care of your teeth
But apart from the above reasons tooth colour can change after a certain age. The colour of the tooth is determined by the thickness of the enamel. But then the age you pass and the thinner it becomes. The thinner enamel layer gives the impression of yellow teeth.
What is dental Stain?
Stains are discolouration of the tooth. It may affect a single tooth or multiple teeth. Although according to its formation it categorized in two forms.
Extrinsic stains: It is a most common type of tooth discolouration that affects outer layer of the tooth. These stains can occur due to the excessive consumption of certain foods & beverages.It affects the enamel causes discolouration.
Intrinsic stains: It occurs when dentin (inner structure) of the tooth darkens. There are many reasons for this. You can consult the doctor for the detailed answer of your problem.
What is the process teeth whitening?
At your visit to the clinic, your dentist will checkup your teeth and tell you whether you need the treatment. He checks overall patients health and ensures the patient’s gums are healthy.
Cleaning your teeth will be the first step of your treatment. Then he will put a rubber shield to protect your gums. Next step involves applying the whitening solution. He will apply the hydrogen peroxide-based whitening product to your teeth. It may take 30-90 minutes for the treatment. You may need one to three appointments, although it will depend upon the method used, how severe your stains are and how white you want your teeth to be.
What are different forms of teeth whitening treatment?
Non-vital whitening: This process is done on a tooth that has had a root canal. A tooth having root canal can change the colour over time. A bleaching material is placed inside the tooth and left until the tooth reaches the desired colour. The dentist will remove the bleaching material and he will seal the tooth with a white (composite) filling.
Vital whitening: This is the most common type of treatment for natural and healthy tooth. Bleaching solution that is applied directly to the tooth surface. This product contains some form of hydrogen peroxide.
Teeth whitening at home:
There are many tooth whitening toothpaste available in the market. Although they do not effect on the natural shade of your tooth. They are helpful to get rid of stains. Once your teeth have been professionally whitened then whitening toothpaste will help to last the treatment.
Benefits of teeth whitening:
1. Bright smile: The first priority of the patients to take the treatment will be having whiter teeth. The white teeth give the hygiene and well-being impression. Attractive smile always adds a positive element to your personality.
2. Restore oral hygiene: Tooth whitening involves many procedure. But the basic procedure targeted to clean the tooth. Your stains and tartar will be removed in this stage. These process not only replace the oral hygiene but also controls the overgrowing bacteria.
3. Emancipation from bad breath: Bad breath is caused by Bacterias in the mouth. Most of them are harmless. But lack of oral hygiene leads to overgrowth of the bacteria. Teeth whitening motivates the regualar oral hygiene practice and thus you can ditch out the bad breath.
When might teeth whitening not work?
The fact that you have to remember about the treatment is it can only lighten the existing shade. Hence works on only natural teeth. It will not work on any types of ‘false’ teeth such as dentures, crowns and veneers
Oral care after the treatment:
1. You can help to keep your teeth white by decreasing the amount of caffeine & other sugary drinks.
2. Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.
3. Maintain regular oral hygiene.
4. Regular brushing and flossing are utterly important.
What kind of risks it include?
1. Chemical burns
2. Some patients may feel sensitive teeth after the treatment, this can be resolved by the discussion with your dentist, and he will assist you with the proper solution.
3. Pain in sensitive teeth: Due to the chemical exposure patient can find slight pain.
Who should avoid teeth whitening?
1. Bleaching or any chemical treatment is not recommended for children under the age of 6.
2. Bleaching is not recommended in pregnant or lactating women.
When To Call a Professional?
If you feel teeth whitening will benefit you, you can contact Sabkadentist to discuss the procedure. You can take the appointment directly by contacting us. Find your nearby clinic with in our map. Happiness starts from a smile. We will help you to get your desire smile.